I’ve had many discussions on the topic of fluoride with clients and at workshops I’ve taught. It seems to me that there are many people who don’t have the whole story and there is a great deal of confusion. They’ve been told one thing as a child — that fluoride is good for them — and they’ve accepted it as the truth. What if I told you, this isn’t the truth?
As you might guess, I’m not a supporter of our water in Toronto being fluoridated — I rather my cup of beautiful water without a side of microscopic poison.
Watch this video below if you feel confused about fluoride on “10 Facts about Fluoride”. Perhaps the next time you go to the dentist, you will decline the fluoride mouthwash or ask that your kids NOT get the candy-tasting fluoride treatment.
Since this video is rather long (but worth watching), I’ve highlighted a few key points for your consideration:
- Fluoridated countries do NOT have less tooth decay. According to the World Health Organization, there is no discernible difference in tooth decay from the minority of countries that fluoridate their water to those countries that do not.
- 97% of the population in Europe does not fluoridate their water.
- Most developed countries do NOT fluoridate their water.
- The safety of fluoridation is very poorly study. Fluoride can affect your bones, brain, thyroid gland, pineal gland and blood sugar levels.
- 40% of American teens show visible signs of fluoride over-exposure.
- Ever wonder why it says “do not swallow” on your toothpaste tube? Fluoride.
Please share this information with as many people who have fluoridated water as you can! Here’s a great downloadable PDF on the 10 Facts on Fluoride.
So you live in a city that fluoridates the water? What to do now? Get yourself a reverse osmosis filter or distilled water filtration system. If this is not available to you, make sure you consume a mineral rich diet (TONS OF PLANT FOODS), especially foods such as sea veggies (dulse, arame, nori etc) as they are high in iodine and this supports thyroid function among other health benefits.
What are your thoughts on this topic?
Source: All information can be found at www.fluoridealert.org