4 Ways to Smooth Beautiful Skin (Joyous Video)

I’m delighted to share a skincare regime for healthy beautiful glowing skin. Check my video! httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJmdY0v6oNE

If you want more tips on dry skin brushing, then please check out this video: http://www.joyoushealth.ca/2010/06/15/dry-skin-brushing-for-glow-immune-health/

Check out the 8 worst ingredients in skin care products that you want to AVOID.

Have a joyous day!

Tags:

20 Comments

1. Faith Dec 7, 2010 at 5:20 pm #

Do you have any suggestions to add to help alleviate facial acne?

2. Raquel Dec 7, 2010 at 9:13 pm #

You have beautiful skin! Do you have any tips for dry lips? I’m trying to eat more olive oil, I take 6000 IU of vitamin D per day, fish oil and evening primrose oil as well. The reason I take that much vitamin D is because I’m nursing my daughter.

• Joy McCarthy Dec 7, 2010 at 11:22 pm #

Hi Raquel!
      I use a really nice beeswax all natural lip gloss I bought at a farmers market. You could get one at any health food store. Also make sure you are drinking enough water.

• Laura Jan 8, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Try using a honey and sugar lip scrub ….I make it myself with honey and sugar and scrub my lips every couple days to exfoliate them!! Then i put on a good lip oil or balm. Cheap and simple!

3. VeggieGirl Dec 7, 2010 at 9:34 pm #

I used to get REALLY dry skin during the winter – but now that I’ve been incorporating more healthy fats into my diet (and am eating adequately), all thanks to you, I have hydrated skin :)

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

• Joy McCarthy Dec 7, 2010 at 11:23 pm #

My pleasure :) Glad it`s helping!

4. Susan Dec 8, 2010 at 2:09 am #

Hi Joy, great video. Are going to do a “What’s in my grocery bag” video again? I really loved those. They gave me great ideas and inspiration for healthy shopping & eating. :-)
    All the best
    Susan

• Joy McCarthy Dec 9, 2010 at 9:37 am #

ha! yes I can definitely do another one of those vids… they are so much fun. Thanks for asking me to do it because I’m going grocery shopping today!

• Joy McCarthy Dec 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

Yes definitely :)

5. Dana Sheridan Dec 8, 2010 at 7:52 am #

Hi Joy,

Thanks so much for all of your tips. I like to think that I eat & cook healthy food for my family, but I find that there is so much to be aware of and I am always learning new things!

I’ve incorporated your suggestion of fresh lemon juice and water to start my day – I look forward to it! I also enjoy quinoa & Greek style yogurt for breakfast with “milled flaxseed, sunflower & pumpkin seed” (sweetened with maple syrup). My family simply do not like the texture of quinoa, no matter what the recipe! We are a whole foods family, just looking for ways to improve upon that :-)

You are a breath of fresh air, and I enjoy your blog. I am American, living in Ireland.

Looking forward to learning more about joyous health!
    Dana

• Joy McCarthy Dec 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

Your note was a breath of fresh air. Very happy to hear you are cooking healthy for your family. Thank you for your sweet thoughtful comment!

6. Dani @ Body By Nature Dec 8, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

I would go to the moon and back for skin like yours!

7. Angel Mesquita Aug 23, 2011 at 11:32 am #

Hi,
    I’m a regular follower of your nature-centric methods of maintaining good health. Just saw your video on -ways to a smooth & beautiful skin. was a little taken aback when I learnt that you actually consume commercially prepared pills for your vitamin-D.
    Isn’t it better to get vitamin-D from sources like sunlight, cod liver oil,cereals, fish,e

• Joy McCarthy Aug 23, 2011 at 3:37 pm #

Unfortunately, you cannot get adequate vitamin D consumption from food alone. Especially in Northern climates, we need more vitamin D than the sun or food can provide. In this case, I absolutely recommend taking a good quality supplement in addition to eating whole real foods everyday! Thank you for your comments.

8. Angel Mesquita Aug 25, 2011 at 11:58 am #

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I live in India, where vitamin D is totally everywhere (in our bright sunny weather)so I guess I dont need the pills.
    I have this question about the lemon water that you recommend. I drink lime(more easily available compared 2 the large lemons) & warm water with organic honey daily but I wonder whether it would negatively impact my bones especially since I have osteopenia.It is actually a catch-22 situation for me as the lime juice helps me with my low blood pressure ailment.
    I love your skin BTW, looks better than a barbie doll

9. Sam Yost Dec 31, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

Can you provide a link to the citrus body lotion please?

Sam

• Sam Yost Dec 31, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

Never mind I finally found it.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Confidence is Sexy Ladies (and gents) | joyoushealth.ca - Jul 19, 2011

[...] check out your beautiful body completely naked in the mirror before you shower, or while you are skin brushing at LEAST 5 times a week. You might be laughing thinking that is bogus, but try it. It’s not [...]

2. 6 ways to feel sexier and more confident now! | joyoushealth.ca - Mar 1, 2012

[...] check out your beautiful body completely naked in the mirror before you shower, or while you are skin brushing at LEAST 5 times a week. It’s not easy the first time, but it will get easier every time you [...]