I’ve just finished two months of cleansing with a really powerful herbal tea blend, along with my Joyous 10-day detox which I did longer than 10-days. I feel lighter, more joyous and ready for the next step — 21 days of getting fitter and stronger, while eating clean — more on that below.
While detoxing, I was thinking about spring cleaning my mind as well. I realize it’s not officially Spring yet (I’m counting down the days), but I wanted to share some ways to spring clean your mind. I originally posted this back in 2010 and thought it was worth a re-post with a few tweaks.
- 7 nights in a row: write an entire page worth of a constant stream of consciousness. Do not lift your pen, keep writing whatever thoughts come to mind for an entire page. This is different than a diary. Just let go and let the emotions flow through your heart and mind, right onto your paper.
- Try YOGA. It is the soul food for the mind and the spirit. I started my first yoga practice about 15 years ago. It not only changed my body, but also had a profound effect on my emotional wellness.
- Write a letter to release feelings such as guilt, anger, frustration, jealousy. You don’t have to worry about sugar-coating anything, because you are not actually going to send it to anybody. This is incredibly freeing.
- When you feel down in the dumps, instead of drinking alcohol, stuffing it down with comfort food, watching a movie to get your mind off it, look at it in the face. How? Take a bath, meditate, go for a quiet walk. Allow the feelings to manifest and fully embrace them. Cry, yell, scream… just allow whatever needs to happen, happen.
- Lastly write down this affirmation when going through an emotional detox and read it before bed or first thing in the morning: “I have the courage to release toxic emotions in a positive and constructive manner. I possess the clarity of vision to renew and plan my future aspirations, so enabling me to move forward on life’s journey”.
How do you spring clean your mind? Do you have any suggestions for our joyous health readers? Please share them below!
Launching April 21st, is our next online program! You can get on the mailing list to be the first to know about when you can sign up and save $$ with the early bird code.