As I was packing my bags for my summer vacation, I realized there are essentials I ALWAYS bring that keep me healthy and joyous so I MUST share them with you. I describe them all in the video below.
For those of you who rather read my list of items that keep me healthy while travelling, here they are:
1. Nut butta. I really dislike the processed, sugar laden peanut butter that pretty much ALL hotel restaurants offer at breakfast. Instead, I bring my own travel size packet of raw Artisana nut butters including: pecan, walnut and almond. They are about two bucks at the health food store and you get about 2 servings out of one package.
2. Organic Greens+. Travelling can promote tissue acidity which is a magnet for ill-health and skin issues such as acne and eczema. So to combat that, I take a scoop of my greens powder every morning on an empty belly. And boy oh boy, does it give you happy BM’s too!
3. Chimes Ginger Chews. No one likes popping eardrums on a plane. So rather than chewing on some chemical-laden candy or aspartame-infused gum, I bring my ginger chews with me. The ginger flavour is pretty potent, but soooo good!
4. “SISU to go” Ester-C Energy boost packet. Ever feel like you’ve gained 5lbs while flying? Me too. Thanks to dehydration and inflammation. So to avoid both, I drink tons of water and I infuse my water with this magical potion — vitamin C with various alkaline minerals. Plus it keeps my immune system strong.
5. Organic White Tea. Chock-full of antioxidant goodness to keep me beautified and an excellent cancer prevention habit! So every morning before or after breakfast, I will drink my tea (and on the plane too).
6. EcoTools Face Mask. I like my sleep. This super soft sustainable face mask blocks out the light so I can take a nap on the plane or better yet, while on vacation I’m ALL about the siesta, so I will use this for a mid-afternoon catnap too
8. Green Beaver Lip Gloss. This splendicious gloss will keep your lips dewy, glowy and moisturized without chemicals. Did you most most lip glosses that claim to moisturize contain ingredients that do the exact opposite? Grrrr I say! Just buy Green Beaver.
9. Green Beaver Face Cream with SPF 15. I like the sun, no wait… I LOVE the sun, but I also realize that I don’t want to look 80 when I’m nearly 35. So to prevent premature wrinkling and of course skin cancer, I slather this on my face.
10. Stone Crop Mist by Eminence. This line of products is my faves. This particular product helps to balance your skin’s pH. Plus, it just feels so gosh darn good when you give your gorgeous face a little spritz!
Oh and I almost forgot… I ALWAYS bring dark organic chocolate with me.
So I’m curious to know, what are YOUR essentials to stay healthy and beautiful while traveling? Do share below!
Fall Eat Well Feel Well 6-wk nutrition + yoga class
Joy McCarthy, Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Health Coach of Joyous Health, loves to inspire others to eat well, live well and be happy.
Joy has clients from all over the world and consults via phone and Skype. Contact Joy today and take the first step.