Guest Post By:Elaine Brisbois
Hello Joyous readers! I’m happy to have the opportunity to be back as a guest blogger here on Joyous Health.
If you’re looking for a raw meal that is both easy to digest and won’t weigh you down than look no further!
This salad eats like a meal. The addition of the avocado adds some density that will surely satisfy any appetite. The raw corn adds a sweet and hearty crunch to the salad. People often think corn needs to be cooked first. Not so! In fact, raw corn is light and water-rich and the perfect addition to a cleansing salad. It’s only after the corn is cooked that it becomes starchy. With a simple lemon (or lime) juice dressing, chopped cilantro and a touch of salsa, this salad is reminiscent of the flavours of Mexico.
Guacamole Salad – Recipe
- Red leaf lettuce (you can use romaine, mesclun mix or any other lettuce of your choosing)
- 1-2 spring onions chopped
- 5-6 grape tomatoes sliced in half or 1 large vine tomato chopped
- Bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado chopped (pit and peel removed)
- Raw, sweet corn cut off the cob (preferably organic)
- ½ tsp of minced garlic
- Dressing – juice of 1 lemon (or lime) + stevia to taste (replace stevia with ½ tsp of raw honey if you prefer)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of salsa (optional)
Method: Place all ingredients in a large bowl and top with chopped avocado and lemon dressing. Run a knife or fork through the salad to really spread the avocado and mix all the ingredients together. Top with salsa for an added kick.
A note from Joy:
Thanks for the recipe Elaine, I love real food and this looks absolutely delicious!
UPCOMING JOYOUS WORKSHOPS:
1. Gluten-Free-Deliciously: http://www.joyoushealth.ca/how-to-be-gluten-free-deliciously/
2. Eat Well Feel Well – STARTS VERY SOON! http://www.joyoushealth.ca/eat-well-feel-well/
3. Mexico Wellness Retreat 2012 – Exciting! http://loveactionyoga.com/programs/retreat/
NOTE: Due to popular demand, I will be doing another date for the Feel Good Food seminar in 2012. Check back for dates.