The reason for my blog today is a little shameless self-promotion. For those of you who know me personally, you know that I’m a Registered & Certified Holistic Nutritionist and this is my full-time job. I get to do what I LOVE! I have clients all over the world from Europe to South Africa, the Middle East, Australia, United States and my hometown of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I consult my clients in-person, at 889 Yonge, over the phone and via Skype, so even if you live a thousand miles away, I still get to see your lovely face
Nutrition and lifestyle changes have an incredible impact on your overall well being, when you make small modifications over time, not all at once. Time and time again I’ve seen positive results – clients heal from digestive problems, women overcome emotional eating, men stop having to take meds for heartburn, anxiety & depression both helped without the need for meds, I’ve seen clients become energized and vibrant just by changing their diet to improve their sleep habits and the list goes on.
People email me every day inquiring about my services and curious about holistic nutrition, so if this includes you, then here’s my top 12 reasons you need a Holistic Nutritionist Coach in your life!
- Individualized food plans based on YOU – your likes, dislikes, food intolerances, allergies, lifestyle.
- Stuck in a rut? Inspiration, motivation, guidance. Its like having a food trainer instead of a personal trainer – your personal food coach to give you a gentle butt kicking.
- Get to the root cause of your sleep problems, low energy, skin issues, hormonal problems without resorting to meds or pill popping more supplements than food – food is your best medicine for many (not all) health concerns.
- Learn how to eat to prevent cancer and disease, rather than manage disease symptoms.
- Digestion, digestion, digestion! Work with an expert (ME) on getting your gut on track, avoid having to undo the top button of your jeans after a meal.
- Learn strategies to develop a new relationship with food, and as a bonus – yourself. When you learn how to eat better, your confidence and self-esteem improves. Good food = good mood.
- A holistic nutritionist teaches you a holistic model of health by providing not only dietary guidance, but lifestyle suggestions too.
- No quick-fix fad or crash diets. Diets don’t work and are time-limited. Get healthy over time, weight loss will be a side effect, as will glowing skin, higher sex drive, better sleep, healthy BM’s – yes! Who doesn’t love a healthy BM = bowel movement, elimination of wastes/toxins.
- Holistic nutritionists do not advise you on a food guide or pyramid, but on what is best for you.
- Learn new recipes, how you can cook healthy food that’s as high on taste as it is in nutrients and spend no more than 15 minutes in the kitchen!
- Get happy. One of the benefits of getting healthy is your mood improves! Diets make you miserable and are not sustainable. Believe me, I’ve done my fair share of diets and detoxs to know what works and what doesn’t.
- Learn what nutrients you may be deficient in due to medications you are taking. Use foods and supplements (if needed) to replace what’s lost. For example one of the most common depleted nutrients is CoQ10 from statin drugs. The very nutrient needed for heart health is being depleted by a touted “heart health” drug.
If you are intrigued, book a complimentary 15 min phone consult with me. If you are already convinced of how fabulous you can feel with my guidance and expertise as a Holistic Nutritionist then email me, tell me your top 3 health goals and I will tell you how I can help you!
Curious what others had to say? Check out the testimonials page to get an idea.
If you live in the beautiful city of Toronto and you are not yet registered for my 6-Week Eat Well Feel Well program, it’s not too late! We would love to have you in our class that starts October 5th, but registration ends soon.
Joy McCarthy RNCP CNP