Boosting your metabolism has more benefits then just keeping your waistline trim! Many people have low metabolic function and as a result suffer from that 3pm lull, feel more tired and less energetic throughout the day (therefore, rely on coffee, carbs, sugar and other stimulants for an upper), gain weight easily and suffer from cravings. The benefits of boosting your metabolism and not your belly are endless!!! In a nutshell, when you eat well, live a more balanced life, you will feel fabulous. When you are you fueling the fire in your body, energy levels will sore, the muffin top will melt away, brain power and creativity will increase and so will your sex drive!
Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Eat Breakfast. Yes it’s true, no study can ever disprove the mere fact that eating breakfast stokes your fat burning potential for the day. Not only that, it effectively balances your blood sugar and as a result you avoid those cravings! Do keep in mind, that WHAT you eat is just as important. Make sure you are eating a complex carbohydrate, lean protein and good fat. 2 quick breakfast ideas:. 1 soft boiled egg, 2 pieces of brown rice toast with 2 tbsp of almond butter and an apple; muesli, organic full-fat yogurt, berries. On days you have more time: 2 egg omellette with tons of veggies; quinoa flour pancakes (good source of protein) with banana and nuts.
2. Drink Green Tea (Iced or Hot). Green teas contain both Cannatic Extract and Gymneic Acid, both of which reduce absorption of sugar into the blood. What does this mean? It will likely lessen your cravings. Even more cool – green tea enhances the action of amylase (digestive enzyme of carbs). This means food moves more quickly through the digestive system and raises your metabolic rate! Lastly, if it couldn’t possibly get better, green tea is loaded with antioxidants (your cancer fighting soldiers). Drink it before a meal or first thing in the morning to rev that engine!
3. Eat Celery. Celery is one of those magic veggies that takes more from your body to digest than the calories it provides. Snacking on crunchy celery with some hummus or yogurt dip is a great way to add some fiber into your diet and flush fat from your body. Celery is a high source of Phthalide which reduces the production of stress hormones called catecholamines – studies have proven this has a positive effect on lowering blood pressure too!
4. Exercise Everyday. Just like eating breakfast, this is a daily activity that keeps your metabolism revved. When you have more lean tissue you BURN MORE FAT. Why? You burn more calories at rest to maintain your muscle mass then you do your fat mass. I recommend you get your body fat checked because appearance and your weight on the scale is not a good indicator of your body fat percentage (your body fat to lean tissue ratio). Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes every single day.
5. Detoxify your body once a season. This is a sure-fire way to rev your metabolic rate! Your metabolism gets sluggish when it’s constantly dealing with detoxifying from the previous night’s drinking, additives from the food you eat, environmental toxins, sugar and refined carbs, stress, pharma drugs and so on. I have a kick-ass 6 week detox I do with my clients and not only do most people lose average of 10lbs, but more importantly, you feel SO MUCH BETTER. A detox can be as simple as cutting out dairy, sugar, coffee, alcohol and wheat for 14 days.
eat well | live well | be well