There are basic lifestyle habits that everyone should incorporate as part of their daily routine and this is one of them. Many Europeans have been doing this for centuries – DRINKING WATER WITH LEMON every morning.
When you wake up in the morning, boil some filtered water and squeeze half an organic lemon. Do this again in the afternoon or before dinner. Lemon juice from one of those yellow plastic squeeze bottles is NOT the same. You are not going to extract the same nutritional benefits from something that has been processed, preserved and then sat in a plastic bottle on a warm store shelf for months at a time.
WHAT’S IN A LEMON? A lemon contains potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Your liver LOVES lemon! Lemon is a cleanser and provides a natural strengthening agent to your liver enzymes. Whether you realize it or not, your liver suffers a lot of abuse on a daily basis and lemon helps your liver detoxify.
- When your liver is cleaner, it will be reflected on your face – you will benefit from glowing, clear skin!
- It stimulates bile production which is important for emulsifying the fat in your diet. If you don’t have a bowel movement first thing in the morning, drinking lemon and water may help to stimulate your bowels too!
- Lemons are useful in treating asthma, liver congestion, colds, coughs, sore throat, flu or influenza, heartburn, liver complaints, scurvy, fevers and rheumatism.
- Weight loss: Lemon stimulates stomach acid production which will improve digestion and elimination – making your waist line feel more “trim”.
Dr. Michael Lesser states the following to validate the value of using fresh lemon juice daily: “It appears that citric acid (in lemons), the major carrier of biochemicals in the body’s energy system, shows important promise, primarily because of its excellent properties as a chelator. Its ability to form soluble complexes with calcium offers major promise in the successful treatment of pancreatic stones and has also been employed to dissolve kidney stones. Since calcium deposits are of major significance in the much greater problem of hardening of the arteries, citric acid may possibly contribute to a safe and effective reversal of this widespread degenerative disease.”
Happy Lemon Drinking!
Eat Well | Live Well | Be Well